Healthy decisions bring a healthy life, but getting to these healthy decisions can feel like…
Do you long to squeeze more out of every moment of every day – and still enjoy life? People have often asked, “How did you write 52 books, serve in leadership at church, Co-Direct Love-Wise ministry, keep a happy marriage, and raise children to become leaders?” In 7 Simple Skills for Every Woman: Success in Keeping It All Together book and theGet It Done, Girl: Maximize Your Moments Action Planner, I share tips to PRODUCE:
- Plan Out the Future: Plan each year, month, week, day, and hour. I like to color code my electronic calendar identifying items for family, work, social life. I input all important details with each calendar entry. My husband, and I also have a weekly “Marriage Meet Up” to keep unity. Experiment with planning systems and Apps to find ones that work for you. I also decide how and who to delegate to and schedule the time it takes to complete each task.
- Respond instead of react. I don’t waste time on negative emotions. When I hit an obstacle, I give myself a few minutes to go on a prayer walk or to a prayer closet for a couple minutes to give it to God. Since He created EVERYTHING, He can create a solution. To keep a positive disposition, I plan in nourishing time for exercise, favorite activities, dates with my husband, kids, friends and protect Sabbath solitude. Self- compassion multiples into more time because your state of mind becomes positive, focused, and proactive.
- Optimize Multi-tasking. Walk and listen to podcasts/audio books; fold laundry and watch news; walk while posting to social media; watch business videos with meal preparation. By linking tasks that require less focus, you can nurture your soul or build business success while getting the mundane chores completed
- Deliberately Group Tasks for Efficiency: If I get dressed up for a meeting, speaking, or filming, I arrange all vital personal or business appointments that day as well. I link all my errands together. This grouping by like tasks means I can enjoy time off each week in comfy clothes too!
- Use every minute. Have a few moments? Check email, read a newsletter, magazine article or page of a book to improve your life. I also handle small household or office tasks in those random five minutes: clean out a drawer, wipe down a counter, or send a text. Work while you wait.
- Calendar Priorities First. Carve out time with God, vital family dates and vacations, and your kids’ or grandchildren’s major responsibilities and celebrations. Each day we choose to live the legacy we want to leave.
- Elevate My Vision. I pray to get God’s viewpoint on my life, marriage, family, ministry, business, friendships, and health. Give God time to fine-tune your plans and direct mid-course corrections. In addition, seeing life from a more heavenly viewpoint, keeps our hearts matching God’s heart and boosts confidence to walk out the plans “to give a future and a hope” (Jer 29:11) and the “abundant life” (John 10:10) He promises.
For more on being productive from Pam:
March 18: Maximize Your Life- 7 Simple Skills for Success for Women – a Body and Soul free webinar I am speaking for that will help you: Move your life forward with 7 simple skills for success, discern your God-given uniqueness (Your “superpower” talent), and learn how to implement an A.C.T.I.O.N. plan for wellness: body, soul, mind, and spirit. Register in advance for this f*r*e*e* webinar. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. This webinar will be recorded.
Pam Farrel is the author of 52 books including bestselling Men Are Like Waffles, Women Are Like Spaghetti, 7 Simple Skills for Every Woman, Get It Done, Girl: Maximize Your Moments Action Planner and The Marriage Meet Up Devotional Planner for Couples Who Want More Passion, Puurpose and Productivity www.Love-Wise.com Bill and Pam Farrel Co-Direct Love-Wise and invite you to join their Living Love-Wise Membership Community and their weekly Zoom Bible Study