So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. (John 8:36)…
There are many euphemisms for sex and romance that are related to red, hot, or fire. Think about it, â€œCome on baby light my fireâ€, or â€œHunka hunka burninâ€™ love,â€Â and Kathi Lipp, author of The Husband Project, is known for her t-shirt, â€œMarried to a Hottie!â€
Bill and I say in our book Red Hot Monogamy (sex) wasÂ Godâ€™s secret long before it was Victoriaâ€™s secret! Sizzling sex doesnâ€™t have to be saved for that once in a life time Hawaiian getawayâ€”it can be HOT at HOME! Consider this acrostic for H.O.T and fan the flame to set the heart of your man aflame!
H is for Hear my Heart
Romance is personal. Maybe your love has wanted to experience something unique like:
- Retro romance: Dress like you did on your first date! (Yes, consignment shops have clothes from the 70â€™- 90â€™s!)
- Recreate Steam: Park in your own back yard like â€œLoverâ€™s Laneâ€ and steam up the car windows a bit.
- Rescue Dinner:Â Eat someplace different in your home: in front of the fire place, on the rooftop, on the patio or balcony out back, in the attic, under the tree in the back yard, etc.
- Rendezvous: Create a luau in the living room: borrow some plants, get some island music, throw down some beach towels, bring in luau food, wear your sarong or bathing suit.
O is for Offer to Lower His Stress
Men, when surveyed for our book, Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti noted that what is romantic to them is a woman who will make their life easier.
- Kidnapâ€ your spouse and blind fold them and take him home forÂ a romantic rendezvous. (Send the kids to your best friends!)
- Bring in breakfast in bed with an invitation to spend the whole day in bed.
- Exercise together, ride a tandem bike, or dance in the living room.
- Run a bubble bath by candlelight followed by a spa quality massage.
T is for Take Your Time to Romance Me
- Relax: Sit in front of the fire place in each otherâ€™s arms and take turns reading poems to each other or flip through photo albumsâ€”or â€œget distractedâ€ into some sizzling sex in a room you usually use for other purposes.
- Recount: Creatively remind your man why you love him:
- Use everyday items to send a unique set of messages: the title of a candy bar with a note that says, â€œYou are a â€œBig Hunkâ€ of Burning Love , or Iâ€™ â€œRed Hot: for your love.Â Or use what is in your home: â€œI love to STAIR at you!â€ (note on stairs),Â â€œYouâ€™ve opened the DOOR to my heart.â€ (note on door).
- Write your own â€œfeatureâ€ article about your spouse, theÂ â€œWorldâ€™s Greatest Loverâ€. Include all his best traits as a lover, add in a picture of this famous lover and frame it!
- Write on his bare back clues ofÂ â€œHow do I love thee? Let me count the waysâ€ and see if he can guess why you have a â€œburningâ€ desire him.
- More ideas for recessin romance at http://love-wise.com/articles.php
- Free chapter from 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband: http://harvesthousepublishers.com/book/52-ways-to-wow-your-husband-2011/