In September our newest granddaughter, the first born of our middle son and his wife, entered this world. We are a “far-flung family” because we encouraged our sons to follow God’s clear call—wherever it might lead. So while we were…
There are many euphemisms for sex and romance that are related to red, hot, or fire. Think about it, â€œCome on baby light my fireâ€, or â€œHunka hunka burninâ€™ love,â€Â and Kathi Lipp, author of The Husband Project, is known for her t-shirt, â€œMarried to a Hottie!â€
Bill and I say in our book Red Hot Monogamy (sex) wasÂ Godâ€™s secret long before it was Victoriaâ€™s secret! Sizzling sex doesnâ€™t have to be saved for that once in a life time Hawaiian getawayâ€”it can be HOT at HOME! Consider this acrostic for H.O.T and fan the flame to set the heart of your man aflame!
H is for Hear my Heart
Romance is personal. Maybe your love has wanted to experience something unique like:
- Retro romance: Dress like you did on your first date! (Yes, consignment shops have clothes from the 70â€™- 90â€™s!)
- Recreate Steam: Park in your own back yard like â€œLoverâ€™s Laneâ€ and steam up the car windows a bit.
- Rescue Dinner:Â Eat someplace different in your home: in front of the fire place, on the rooftop, on the patio or balcony out back, in the attic, under the tree in the back yard, etc.
- Rendezvous: Create a luau in the living room: borrow some plants, get some island music, throw down some beach towels, bring in luau food, wear your sarong or bathing suit.
O is for Offer to Lower His Stress
Men, when surveyed for our book, Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti noted that what is romantic to them is a woman who will make their life easier.
- Kidnapâ€ your spouse and blind fold them and take him home forÂ a romantic rendezvous. (Send the kids to your best friends!)
- Bring in breakfast in bed with an invitation to spend the whole day in bed.
- Exercise together, ride a tandem bike, or dance in the living room.
- Run a bubble bath by candlelight followed by a spa quality massage.
T is for Take Your Time to Romance Me
- Relax: Sit in front of the fire place in each otherâ€™s arms and take turns reading poems to each other or flip through photo albumsâ€”or â€œget distractedâ€ into some sizzling sex in a room you usually use for other purposes.
- Recount: Creatively remind your man why you love him:
- Use everyday items to send a unique set of messages: the title of a candy bar with a note that says, â€œYou are a â€œBig Hunkâ€ of Burning Love , or Iâ€™ â€œRed Hot: for your love.Â Or use what is in your home: â€œI love to STAIR at you!â€ (note on stairs),Â â€œYouâ€™ve opened the DOOR to my heart.â€ (note on door).
- Write your own â€œfeatureâ€ article about your spouse, theÂ â€œWorldâ€™s Greatest Loverâ€. Include all his best traits as a lover, add in a picture of this famous lover and frame it!
- Write on his bare back clues ofÂ â€œHow do I love thee? Let me count the waysâ€ and see if he can guess why you have a â€œburningâ€ desire him.
- More ideas for recessin romance at http://love-wise.com/articles.php
- Free chapter from 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband: http://harvesthousepublishers.com/book/52-ways-to-wow-your-husband-2011/