In 2020, with the "Shelter at Home" quarantine we ALL spent ALOT of time…
Well, I have spent a lifetime mentoring, discipling and equipping women and girls.
Hundreds of them.
And each year, I get more and more concerned about the world they face. Some days it is just HARD to be a woman of integrity, let
alone a girl pursuing goodness. They need our help. (And God has asked us to mentor our girls: see 2 Tim.2:2, Titus 2:3-5)
Your daughters, the girls of the next generation, need YOU! They need me! Why? Because their crown
is slipping! Consider these startling statistics from our book, Raising a Modern Day Princess:
- One in three girls becomes pregnant before age 20.3
- One in four will contract a STD (sexually transmitted disease)
- Forty percent of girls at a contraceptive clinic are there without their parents’ knowledge.
- One third of all teen pregnancies will end in an abortion.
- Nearly one-third of all juvenile arrests are girls, and one-third of all property crimes are perpetrated by girls.
- About one-quarter of all aggravated assaults are committed by girls.
- Girls are more likely to be violent at home, and the victim more than any other is her mother.
- Go to www.saveourgirls.org and get informed
- Gather a group of moms/ mentors to pray any time on Save Our Girls Day to Pray, Wednesday Oct 17. (Verses to pray at http://saveourgirls.org/prayer.html)
- Pray with your own daughter or girls you mentor on Oct 17 (sample prayers)
- “Like” Save Our Girls facebook page. Each day verses, prayers and encouragements are posted now thru Oct
- Post a picture of you and your daughter on the Save Our Girls page and let’s pray for each other’s children
- Order Raising a Modern Day Princess for you and Becoming a Modern Day Princess Journal
for your daughter
- Send the www.saveourgirls.org link to your pastor, Director of Women’s Ministry, or Youth pastor or Youth Pastor’s wife
and volunteer to plant a group in your church.
- Gather some moms together and team to run a ModernDay Princess group for your daughters (7 week program)
- Host a mom and daughter Princess Party (Pam and/or Doreen are available to speak if you’d like to host an event for more than 100.(For Pam or Doreen speaking, click to contact) For smaller groups: Princess Party in a Box is available at www.moderndayprincess.net)
- Start a Modern Day Princess program in your community as an outreach to the most at risk girls
- Get equipped to be a stronger mentor or mom through one of Pam’s books for women: BraveNew Woman, Woman of Influence, Devotions for Women on the Go, 10 Best Decisions a Woman Can Make.
- Post Save Our Girls logo on your social media and invite others to pray on Oct 17 through your :Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest pages.
- On Oct. 17, stop at noon PT and take 5 minutes (or more) and pray for the next generations of girls and post a prayer at noon on your social media page to say “pray with me to save our girls”.
- Listen to the Focus on the Family weekend broadcast about How to Raise a Modern Day Princess.
- Tune into the interview with authors of Raising a Modern Day Princess, Pam and Doreen on Homeword with Jim Burns and get equipped to strengthen the next generation
- Tell your local media, print up postcards, or bookmarks– spread the word! (All the tools to do this are on the Save Our Girls
Today’s girls need you . . can you help us “save our girls?”
Here is my heart’s motivation, my two granddaughters who I pray will be strong women of God in their generation- true Modern
Day Princesses who walk as Daughters of our God, “The King of Kings”.
Together we can make a difference—for the girls!
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9)