Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.love-wise.com. The site is operated by Bill and Pam Farrel for the purpose of helping people gain real world wisdom for their important relationships. Love-Wise is a DBA of Farrel Communications INC, a California corporation. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide us directly: We may ask for certain information such as your first and last name, address, phone number, personal account preferences, transactional data, purchase information, and e-mail address if you sign up for our services, correspond with us or purchase products from our site. We may also retain any messages you send including (but not limited to) responses to blog posts or other social media services. We may also collect information you provide in user content you add to your profile. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the service, and as further detailed below.
- Information we may receive from third parties: We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Twitter or Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding the application, linking your account to the Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service, including your public profile picture, news feed, posts on your wall (including your friends’ posts on your wall), friends list, etc. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service.
- Analytics information. We may directly collect or use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device as part of a web page request, including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser’s width and height, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log file information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear gifs/web beacons information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by the Service. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial and marketing communications: We use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may send you emails or push notifications on your mobile device containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you will be given the option to opt out or change your preferences. You may opt-out of push notification messages by changing your settings on your mobile device. We will not send you marketing communications messages. We also use your information to send you Service-related notices (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices) to your email address or mobile device via push notification.
- Information we do not collect: We do not collect information about the users’ health, income, credit rating or employment. Any requests for such information by anyone claiming to be a representative of Love-Wise or Bill and Pam Farrel should be reported to us immediately as it will not have been initiated by us.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When a visitor fills out a contact form, we may ask for certain information such as your first and last name, address, phone number, content of the contact request, event information and e-mail address as it relates to the purpose of the contact form. We may keep contact form submissions for up to three years to monitor follow-up and to assess our policies and procedures. We do not use the information submitted through contact forms for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We (including any parent, subsidiaries and affiliates) will not rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent, except as noted below.
- Who you may choose to share your User Content with: Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any available privacy settings. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile settings.
- What happens in the event of a change of control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer our company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content and other user information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
- Sharing certain service type information we collect about you: We may share certain service type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business partners for the purposes described in the section above on “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- WooCommerce Services for shipping labels. We submit the customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products. Jetpack sends the customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products to EasyPost. The purchased shipping labels are stored on Jetpack’s server to make it easy to reprint them and handle support requests.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information, and use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information (including Group hyperlinks, if applicable), and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of our distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
- Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Following termination or deactivation of the Service, we may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US